Below you will find suggestions of introductory courses, lectures and articles on Learning Analytics.
- MOOC: SoLAR runs a MOOC on learning analytics, in the build-up to the annual LAK conference (go to 2011/2012 MOOC). Another is planned for 2013 prior to LAK13…
- Summer Institute: A new venture for 2013, based at Stanford with satellite regional events across the world…
- Online Distance Learning: Learning and Knowledge Analytics, School of Computing and Information Services, Athabasca University
For those of you who learn best from video, a body of lectures and interviews is starting to grow:
- Learning Analytics. Strata 2012 Keynote, Steve Schoettler
- Envisioning a System-wide Learning Analytics Platform. International Higher Education 2011 Keynote Address, George Siemens
- Learning Analytics: Dream, Nightmare or Fairydust? Ascilite 2011 Keynote Address, Simon Buckingham Shum
- Interviews with Learning Analytics researchers, Athabasca University MOOC
- Learning Analytics Invited Lecture Series, Athabasca University MOOC
- Video replays from International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge
- UNESCO Policy Brief: Learning Analytics (Simon Buckingham Shum, Nov. 2012)
- Penetrating the Fog: Analytics in Learning and Education. Phil Long and George Siemens (2011), EDUCAUSE Review Online, 46, 5, pp.31-40
- JISC CETIS Analytics Series of reports for educational institutions (2012)
- Learning Analytics: Moving from Concept to Practice. Malcolm Brown (2012), EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Briefing (and many other EDUCAUSE analytics reports)
- SoLAR Concept Paper: Open Learning Analytics (.pdf)
- Proceedings from the International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge, published in the ACM Digital Library.
- The Journal of Educational Technology and Society, Special Issue on Learning and Knowledge Analytics.
- American Behavioral Scientist, Special Issue on Learning Analytics due in 2012.
- The International Educational Data Mining Conference proceedings are open access and are available online.